If you have been around in the digital marketing space for some time you are likely to know just how powerful content marketing can be.
Through our research we have also found that companies that use content marketing effectively experience conversion rates up to six times higher than companies who don’t.
Content is definitely king but as more and more businesses cotton on to this fact, the marketplace is becoming increasingly saturated and highly competitive.
While there are an infinite number of content marketing strategies out there, it can be hard to compete or find new and interesting ways to reach your audience that are guaranteed to work.
Not all content marketing strategies are created equally, which means that not all of them are worth your time or the money.
The type of strategies that you decide to use will depend on your brand’s individual needs, but in this article we are going to share with you some of the top content marketing strategies that have been proven to yield prosperous results.
Many of the strategies included in this article have helped businesses just like yours to boost traffic, increase conversion rates and drive sales.
In fact, some of these strategies have helped brands to grow their traffic by over 140 percent in just six months.
Whether you are an e-commerce store, SaaS, B2B or B2C, here are six of the content marketing strategies that you have been waiting for-
1.) Have Numerous Landing Pages
Landing pages can be extremely effective so there is no point stopping at just one. In fact, with all the competition out there and the differing needs of your customers, it would be foolish to not create multiple landing pages.
HubSpot data shows that companies who have more landing pages not only attract more traffic but are also able to boost their conversion rates. This is because the landing pages can be tailored to suit different customer segments.
When it comes to the magic number of landing pages you should consider, statistics show that 10 to 15 may just be the happy spot.
According to HubSpot data- “While most companies don’t seen an increase in leads when increasing their total number of landing pages from 1-5 to 6-10, companies do see a 55 percent increase in leads when increasing their number of landing pages from 10 to 15.”
This data was also consistent across both B2B and B2C companies, proving that the more landing pages you have, the more likely you are to reach new customers who are interested in your brand.
While having multiple landing pages is proven to drive traffic and boost leads, you still have to ensure that the landing pages you create are relevant and desirable for your customers.
When deciding on what landing pages to create, it may help to think about your customer’s needs, wants and desires and use this data as inspiration for your landing pages. One way to do this would be to create a landing page for each different segment of your customers.
Aim to create at least 5-6 landing pages for each customer segment and then at least one variation of each of these pages. This approach should help you to reach the recommended number of landing pages.
When it comes to segmenting your audience, think about their demographics, their readiness to buy and whether they are a repeat customer or not.
Once you have created your different segments, create a call to action for each so your landing page is direct and purposeful.
2.) Create and Use Infographics
Time and time again infographics have been proven to help drive traffic to your landing page and website. Infographics also yield high engagement rates on social media and often go viral.
Currently, statistics show us that infographics are liked and shared three times more frequently than other content on social media.
Publishers who use infographics have also been shown to grow their traffic 12 percent more than those who don’t. Here are some interesting statistics about infographics from Twitter-
- 540 Infographics are tweeted every hour
- 87,000 Infographics are shared every week
- 354,000 Infographics are tweeted every month
- 6 million Infographics have been tweeted in total
As you can see, the combination of text and images is a highly effective content marketing strategy and one that is definitely worth investing in. Infographics are also a great way to present information that may be hard to understand or digest.
Consider taking some of your most popular blog posts or even most popular consumer questions and turning them into infographics. There are many design programs out there that can help you to create infographics easily and for relatively low cost.
Once you have created your infographics, share them across all the social media platforms you are on and with your email list. Be sure that you also include share buttons along with your infographic, as this will ensure that it reaches a wider audience.
3.) Create Epic Blog Posts
Epic blog posts usually contain oodles of valuable information, images, graphics, statistics and more.
Epic blog posts also go above and beyond the normal blog posts out there to offer readers something of extra value.
When you strive to offer extra value to your readers, your readers often return the favour. It may not happen instantly, but over time research has shown that readers start to develop a feeling of trust and rapport with the brand.
We have seen time and time again that brands who take the effort to create epic blog posts that are valuable to readers, become leaders in their field and go on to become well known and respected by all of their followers.
Epic blog posts are also ranked better by most search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing as they are increase the amount of time visitors spend on a site and the authority of the brand.
When it comes to creating epic blog posts, think about constructing them as a type of informative guide that people can read to understand detailed information about a certain topic relating to your brand.
Good topics include frequently asked customer questions or even areas of expertise that your company deals in.
By providing this type of valuable information for free it helps to enhance your reputation and increase the perceived value of your brand. It also helps to build your name as a leader in your field.
Creating epic style blog posts can definitely be time consuming and even costly, but they are definitely worth the effort. Consider scaling back how frequently you post blog content and instead use your time to create fewer higher quality, epic ones.
For the best results long term, consider blending both long and short blog content so you can test out what is working for you and how your audience is responding.
4.) Create Video Content
Creating video content is a great way to build up a following and score more leads. In fact, video content has been proven to be one of the most successful content marketing strategies around. It is also one of the fastest growing content mediums on the internet.
Hubspot data discovered that by 2019, over 80 percent of all internet traffic will be from videos. This is a huge statistic and proves that more and more, people are turning to video content to gain information.
Hubspot data also reported that four times as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product or service than read about it. They also found that 43 percent of consumers would like to see more video content online from brands.
All of these statistics support the fact that video content is one of the most beneficial mediums around when it comes to content marketing.
Video content is also a great way to drive more traffic and to tap into a new audience. YouTube, which is one of the largest video sharing platforms is also one of the largest search engines online, giving your brand and business a new way to reach buyers.
When it comes to the type of video content that you should share, here are some statistics about the type of video content that people would like to see-
- 45 percent social media posts
- 44 percent news articles
- 33 percent online classes and educational games
- 31 percent interactive articles or tools
- 31 percent research content
- 29 percent blog posts
- 21 percent long form content (epic style blog posts)
- 17 percent pop culture news
- 17 percent podcasts
There are unlimited ways to use videos in your content marketing strategy, so think about what may appeal to your audience and start experimenting from there.
For best results, start by sharing one to two videos each week to see what your audience responds to the best.
5.) Share Live Videos
Live videos are becoming more and more popular on social media with platforms like Instagram and Facebook rolling out more and more live video features.
Live videos are a relatively new type of content marketing but that doesn’t mean that it should be dismissed. In fact if anything, live video should be embraced as a content marketing strategy and thoroughly tested and experimented with.
Statistics are already showing us that 50 percent of marketers plan on using live video services as part of their content marketing strategy and 50 percent also want to learn more about live video and the many features and benefits.
By starting with live video sooner rather than later, it can help you to stay ahead of the trends and become a pioneer for this type of marketing. It can also help you to reach out to a new audience and get your brand in the face of your most desired customers.
People spend at least three times longer watching live videos than they do regular videos and on Facebook alone, live videos generate at least 8 billion views every single day. These statistics are powerful and should be enough of a reason to start experimenting with this medium starting from today.
There are four main places where live videos are best created, Google Hangouts, Periscope, Facebook and Instagram.
Google Hangouts and Periscope are great for scheduling webinars, information sessions and even smaller group masterminds. They are also a great way to offer exclusive content or information to a select group of your customers or leads.
On social media platforms like Facebook, you can create a live video and reply to comments and answer questions in real time. The video also remains on your feed for other people to watch and comment on at a later time. A new feature that Facebook live video also offers is using stickers. This helps to create fun and even funny live videos that can be entertaining for your audience to watch.
Instagram live video also works in a very similar way except for the fact that videos are not left in your feed once you stop recording. Instagram is still working on creating features for their live video platform, but many brands have already started to experiment with what is already on offer.
Live videos are a great way to reach your audience in a more personal and friendly way. Live videos help to build that one on one connection and to build an authentic rapport with your audience.
While creating a live video may seem time consuming or even nerve-wracking, the benefits can be worth their weight in gold. Many companies that start using live videos as part of their content marketing strategy go on to see huge waves of traffic and build new leads from all corners of the internet.
Live videos don’t have to be elaborate either and are more about building a genuine connection with your audience.
For this reason, good topics to focus on include a question and answer type session, a preview of a product, an upcoming product launch, a mini tutorial and a special announcement.
6.) Share Other People’s Content
Did you know that only 5 percent of blogs online do not share other people’s content?
Sharing other people’s content on your site may seem counterintuitive or even unproductive, but there are many benefits to syndicating or sharing other brand’s content.
While we would never recommend sharing other people’s content without their permission, there are ethical ways that you can share previously curated content and still reap the benefits
One third of all the blogs online share other people’s content on a daily basis and there are some proper ways to do this without injuring your SEO or the precious reputation of your brand.
Research has even shown that sharing other people’s content can help to boost your brand equity, establish your company as a thought leader and can bring in a steady stream of reliable and engaged traffic.
Statistics even show that 41 percent of marketers that curate content state that it has increased the number of their sale-ready leads.
If sharing other people’s content makes you feel nervous, this is probably for good reason. There are beneficial ways to share content on your site and then there are some detrimental ways to share content on your site if you don’t know the correct steps.
When you copy content onto your website, Google can sometimes flag it as plagiarism and push it further down in search results. Copied content can also discredit your brand and get you into trouble with other blogs or publications if you haven’t followed their guidelines.
For effective sharing of content, ensure that you ask for permission from the author first and then follow any crediting rules that they present. Be sure to also credit the appropriate author and the URL of the site.
For best SEO practices, see if you can change the title of the article but be sure to check first, as some publications will not allow you to change text.
Sharing content has benefits for the original author too as it helps them to generate backlinks and boost their traffic and SEO. In return, it also helps your brand to do the same, so when done correctly it really is a win-win for everyone involved.
There are so many great content strategies out there but landing pages, infographics, epic style blog posts, videos, live videos and shared content are the top six places to start.
By harnessing the power of each of these content marketing mediums, your brand will be well on the way to developing a smooth stream of traffic, leads and sales.
To sum it all up, here are the most important points to remember when it comes to each content marketing strategy-
- 10-15 landing pages is said to be the happy medium
- Experiment with creating different landing pages for each audience segment
- Create a different call to action for each landing page in order to create a specific and designed purpose for each landing page
- Split test your landing pages to see what works and what your audience is most likely to respond to
- Use your landing pages to sell, promote and market your products and to build your leads
- Rated one of the most popular types of content online, infographics are a great way to share information quickly and effectively
- Infographics receive high engagement rates and are often shared and liked all over social media
- Infographics can be a great way to present complex information or to simplify customer questions and queries
- Infographics can be easily created using online software or simple graphic programs- there are even sites that will offer templates that you can use
- Share infographics across all of your social media platforms, like LinkedIn for maximum benefits
Epic Blog Posts
- Epic blog posts are long form blog posts that are usually over 2,000 words and contain graphics, tables, data and images
- Epic blog posts help to establish your authority as a brand and also help to attract the most desirable customers to your business
- Epic style blog posts are great for SEO and are automatically ranked higher in search results on popular search engines like Google
- Epic style blog posts keep your audience engaged for longer and also help to provide lots of value
- Statistics show that when readers feel like they have received a lot of value from a brand they are more likely to do business with them and more likely to trust them in the long run
- Epic style blog content is also a way to give back to your customers and shows that you care and are passionate about the services or products you offer
- More and more consumers are looking to watch videos instead of reading content online
- Videos are a great way to reach a wider audience and help your brand to get exposure on one of the largest search engines around, YouTube
- Videos are a great way to show your products or services in real time and help to develop a deeper relationship with your audience
- Just one to two videos per week can help to drive traffic to your brand and can help you to gain more leads and sales
- Live videos are a great way to build up a relationship with your audience and to share a more intimate message with your audience
- Live videos are great for demonstrations and sharing updates, tips and tricks
- Live videos are increasing in popularity and are becoming one of the hottest new marketing tools around, by embracing this medium sooner rather than later it can help your brand to become a pioneer
- Live videos are watched much more frequently than regular videos on social media, making them a much more effective way of getting your message across
Sharing Other People’s Content
- Sharing other people’s content is a great way to drive traffic to your site and expand your audience
- Sharing other people’s content can also save you time and can be mutually beneficial as long as you follow the best practices
- When sharing other people’s content be sure to ask for permission and follow all the rules and instructions by the author
- If you can, change the title of the copied post to help boost your SEO
Are you going to try some of these content marketing strategies today?